Τετάρτη 18 Ιουλίου 2012

How to Close the Sale - Part 2: Research, Rehearse, Close


Research and rehearse to close the sale

The saying goes, “Practice makes perfect.” No matter if you’re an athlete or an actor or a sales person, you must ALWAYS practice and train in your skill so that you can get better, be faster, close stronger.
In the first article of the “How to Close the Sale” series, we covered how any sales person who wants to close the sale MUST know the difference between “selling” and “closing.” This time we’ll discuss how you must research and rehearse in order to close the sale.
My wife is an actress and the first thing she does when she gets a role is she researches the role and character she is playing. This means anything from reading books to watching similar characters on TV or in movies. She then rehearses the role extensively and only then can she give her best performance. She does her research, her rehearsals, and then closes that deal by giving that great performance in the end.
Closing is the same way. Contrary to popular beliefs, there are actually a finite number of objections that a prospect will have. Those that sound new or different are usually just repackaged with different words. If you learn all of them and how to handle them, you will become a master closer. For me, my research and rehearse process comes in the form of taking all my experiences everyday and breaking them down into what I felt like I had success with and what I can do in order to improve a potential experience I could have in the future.
When I first started in sales, I had to spend years researching the objections. I would sit down after every meeting with a client and would write down every objection I heard. I would also then gauge how well my responses did at overcoming their objections. After years of doing this, I learned that almost every customer would give some type of objection that I had heard before. Knowing this, I had the answer to put them at ease and help me close the sale. (Luckily you don’t have to spend years doing the research I did, you can find my research in my Close the Sale app and in my Closer’s Survival Guide series). I’ve discovered every objection imaginable and have come up with literally hundreds of closes to counter each of them.
Once you have done your research you have to rehearse these closes. You have to get them to be second nature to you so that as soon as you hear an objection you know immediately, instantaneously how to respond. You can’t stumble through the words and hope the customer understands your point. You have to be confident with what you say to close the sale. This rehearsal can be as simple as saying the words out loud to yourself to practicing with a family member, friend or colleague.
Research and rehearsal lead to the most important aspect of the close: Confidence. When you know the objections and know that you can handle them, you will have an attitude of confidence and positivity that will be impossible for anyone to turn you down.

My wife has the same approach with her acting. When she shows up having done her research and rehearsal, she is so confident that she radiates when she performs. For me, I close the sale and completely shut it down. In the next article of the “How to Close the Sale” series, we’ll cover the top 5 steps to close the sale. Until then, research, rehearse, and close.


Close the Sale - Win Win

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου